Cultivate a team of change makers
Create a carbon positive workforce that makes an impact by funding the world's best climate solutions
Each year an employee will plant 114 trees and remove 12 tonnes of CO2
A Planet Saving Perk
Attract and retain your top talent with a perk that gives your employees the tools to positively impact the environment, plant trees and create change that positively impact peoples lives. 3 out of 4 employees prefer to work for environmentally responsible companies (Nielsen).
A CLIMATE POSITiVE WORKFORCE
Download and display our badge to let your customers, clients and potential employees know that you care about our planet and are taking meaningful action.
Funding the worlds best climate solutions
Eden Reforestation projects reduces extreme poverty and restores healthy forests by employing local villagers to plant millions of trees every year.
Gold Standard sets the standard for climate and development interventions to quantify, certify and maximise their impact – creating value for people around the world and the planet we share.
"Saving our planet is now a communications challenge" - Sir David Attenborough
Our stories educates the world about the crisis our environment faces, and explores solutions that individuals, businesses and governments can do to lower emissions. Your donation goes much further than just offsetting your individual emissions by addressing the source of climate change.
Ready to make a difference?
Most frequent questions and answers
100% of your money goes to the tree planting, climate projects and operations of the social enterprise. We do not take a profit from your subscription. In the future we hope to pay for the operations side of the business by offering environmental services and sponsored posts to eco friendly businesses.
Individual action is an important part of the solution for fighting climate change. It’s why every one of our subscribers plants 12 trees per month, becomes carbon positive and gets advice on how to reduce their own carbon emissions. However the most important part of the solution is making sure that governments have sound environmental policies. Your contribution funds us to search the world for important stories, that helps keep the population informed and educated on environmental issues. We share these stories in our network of over 220,000 people. This is why we are confident that our digital magazine is a holistic and effective way for individuals to alleviate climate change.
Trees do something called ‘Sequestering Carbon’ which basically means that trees capture and store carbon in their trunk and roots. This is mother nature’s way of keeping the carbon in our atmosphere at safe levels. Moreover trees help stop soil erosion, create wildlife habitats, provide local communities with food, and tree planting provides stable employment for local families.
This is answer is from our tree planting partner Eden Reforestation.
- We work carefully with all levels of government to secure written agreements designating the restoration sites as protected in perpetuity.
- We hire local villagers to plant the trees. In this way, we alleviate extreme poverty within the impacted community. The villagers now have an economic incentive to ensure the wellbeing of the restoration project. They also have a sense of “ownership” over the trees and restored forest and they protect it with great care.
- A minimum of 10% of the trees to be planted are agroforestry species (fruit, fodder and construction species designed to provide food security and benefit legitimate human needs). Over time these trees become a source of sustainable income.
- We do all possible to supply the local villagers with alternative fuel sources (fuel efficient dry wood stoves and solar parabolic stoves), which reduces and or eliminates their dependence on charcoal.
- We also hire forest guards as part of the labor force. Forest guards are part of the overall budget.
- Most significantly, we have seen the villagers fall in love with THEIR forest. They also recognize and benefit from the restored forest through increase in fisheries, improved farming, cleaner water and the formation of micro enterprises.
From our tree planting partner Eden Reforestation.
Ah no. While it may seem at odds with our mission we want to plant billions of trees and make sure everyone has the tools they need to fight climate change. To do this we need to access capital to scale up our operations and give equity in lieu of cash to agencies and employees.
On average, each mangrove tree removes over 680lbs (308kg) of CO2 from the atmosphere over the growth life of the tree. This calculates to an average of 185lbs (12.3kg) per year per tree. We don’t count these reductions in our official 12 tonnes. We include the tree planting because they are a great climate change mitigation tool.
We calculate our offsets based on averages. The average person emits 10 metric tons of carbon into the atmosphere every year. We offset 12 tonnes to make sure every employee is offsetting more than their carbon footprint and is living carbon positive.
We source or carbon credits in bulk and unlike some of our competitors we are unconcerned with directly making a profit from our subscriptions. This allows us to offer the world’s best climate solutions at an affordable price.
The Gold Standard is the most widely respected certification standard globally for carbon offset projects. It ensures that energy efficiency and renewable energy projects reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and provide additional social benefits to the local populations. It’s even been verified. Check out the independent study on the economic value delivered from Gold Standard-certified projects.